Singer songwriter / Acoustic Guitarist
Peter, lee Hammond, aka Hammy
I have over 1000 songs to date of various styles Heavy rock, Pop/Rock, Ballads, Love songs and Country. I had Teaching classes by Dave Cousins and Brian Willoughby formally of The Strawbs rock band.
In the past I was a coal miner for 11 years and the people of Easington the Colliery asked me to write a song to commemorate the history of the Mine in Easington when it was being closed down.
It became so popular they asked for it to be made into a single and sold in shops for charity to help a local handicapped school, It made the news & papers and lots of celebrity’s got involved with the funding of it namely
HRH Prince Charles, The then Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, The Labour party leader Neil Kinnock MP, and Sir Paul McCartney.
The single was mixed at Abbey Road Studios and made quite a bit of money for the School.
HRH the Queen also asked for a copy to be sent to Buckingham Palace.
I have won many trophies and awards for my song writing:
1. Most outstanding song writer Cup 1983 song contest.
2. Pop song winner “Give me love” Trophy.
3. Best song 1983 “Name on a stone” Trophy.
4. Song commendation award Trophy.
5. Radio Metro 3rd place song contest shield 1983.
6. “ Living in a Mining Town” National NUM shield.
7. John Lennon song writing contest Honourable mention Certificate
2012, “ Here I am”
8. The UK song writing contest commended entry Certificate,
“ Here I am”
9. The UK song writing contest commended entry Certificate,
“ Fool for your love”.
I have recently been played on these Radio stations:
XRP Radio in Scotland.
XRP Radio in Australia.
Unsigned 99.9 Radio
I have recently had a 12 track album re-mixed of my work in Holland.
I love 60s music, The Beatles , U2, stones that kind of stuff, but mostly if a song sounds good I like it.
I write in various styles, pop, rock, folk, love songs & ballads.
I have had singles out and my own albums, & been on some compilation albums.
©2015-2016 Indie Music People All Rights Reserved