Upon meeting at the crossroads of our musical journey in the autumn of 2015 we set off in a new direction together to write, record & perform in our own Americana style......This is how it began!
When Paul Coates was introduced to Fergal Canterbury and he told him he had a bunch of original songs he wanted to record for posterity, several things happened…
* The songs got recorded in Fergal’s home studio, Paul’s vocals and guitar.
* Fergal added in some great guitar phrases to flesh it out a bit.
* Other musician friends became aware and offered to donate their skills.
* Everybody looked at each other and said “that’s an album now, what’s next”?..
* A release date and a chosen charity were confirmed to benefit from the nights CD sales.
* As all these other helpers were busy with various musical projects there was a problem!
* Two other musicians stepped forward and offered to help out on the night.
* Those guys were Ben Dunne and Jason Moran and that was September 2015.
* Everybody looked at each other and said “were a band now, what’s next”?..
Here we are, still together, still gigging and still looking at each other, Paul Coates, Fergal Canterbury, Ben Dunne and Jason Moran… The Chosen Few…. What’s next?..
The Nighthawk Blues
The observation of a man trying to come to terms with his wife`s death.
A song about leaving oneself open to a second chance!
Leave This Town
The frustration of always wanting but never being able to escape small town life!
Movin` Down The Line
A positive song that embraces the aging process!
Show Me A Light
Sometimes in life we need a helping hand to get through the rough stuff, this song is about asking for that help!
This Naked Flame
The torment of drug addiction.
I Heard His Name
Story song written directly after a friend spoke to me of his messy marital break-up!
A walking-soul searching song, `cause the grass is always greener just over the hill!
Don`t Give Up
The Demise of ones life when the spark is gone and alcohol takes it`s toll.
This Road I`m On
A life`s journey song that brings you back home!
A Silent Farewell
A true life experience of a very awkward unspoken goodbye.
With My Friends
The best feeling in the world is making music with your buddies!
©2015-2016 Indie Music People All Rights Reserved
Wicklow Town County Wicklow Ireland
6/19/2016 6:48:07 AM
Last pageview at: 7/19/2019 11:39:59 AMPageviews: 2742