Drummer, composer, and educator Marcus Miller is a multi-talented artist based in Southern California. Miller is leader of his World/Jazz ensemble Freedom Jazz Movement and a percussion ensemble called Project World Drum. Among his various positions, Miller serves as Music Director for the Lula Washington Dance Theatre, Artistic Director/Founder Young Drummers of Los Angeles, President Universe Soul Records, and Co-Owner TaMar Productions. Miller’s musical
accomplishments include twelve (12) CD releases on his label, composed music for dance, stage & theater performance, written music for several independent film scores and soundtracks, drummer for tours [music] throughout the world. Through his drum workshop program,MarcusMillerDrums…From around the world, he has entertained, educated, and enlightened countless thousands of audiences worldwide.
Freedom Jazz Movement consists of Tamica Washington-Miller-choreographer/dancer, Jennifer Bowens-poet, & Marcus L. Miller-traps & percussion kit.
Spider and the Bee- St. Elmo Village 2006
Uptempo straight ahead with a 6/8 feel
Beautiful Serena- St. Elmo Village 2006
Uptempo Swing with a smooth Bolero feel
IBS-The Boot 2007
His Way - The Boot 2007
Serena-The Boot 2007
Song for Meekie -The Boot 2007
One for Horace and Billy-The Boot 2007
African Swing-The Boot 2007
Open-The Boot 2007
Spider and the Bee-The Boot 2007
Peas and Gravy
A Day in the Life
Monkeys, Leaves, and Things
Down in the Hypogiem
Big Stick in a Deep Ravine
No Time for Foolishness
Rollin' and Tumblin'
I Remember Max
Ritmo de Noir
Good ole Samba
African Swing -Concert 4 a Green World
Spider and The Bee-Concert 4 a Green World
Blues and the Abstract Truth
Strange be the Fruit on these Trees
Cubano Bop - Live in China
A spicy Latin jazz piece.
The 1st release off the new CD "Quintessential"
A Hot Down home, toe tapping number
Mode for Mingus and Marley
Jazz is Reggae; Reggae is Jazz
Spring has Sprung
Latin Jazz vibe with Brazilian & Afro Cuban feels thrown in
Chocolate Pound Cake
A little fun with some Son clave
M and M
My favorite song on the new CD "Quintessential"
A hybrid Bossa Nova/Samba groove with an inspired Middle Eastern melody
a New Orleans style dirge
African drums meet American Jazz
Funky Afro Jazz
The Spider and The Bee
All Praise to God
Hallowed be thy Name
Rapid Uptempo beginning which settles into a cool Bolero groove
Spoken word Jazz with a Afro Cuban twist
Song for Meekie
A dirge followed by my take on a "Second Line" vibe.
Drums & Sax
The Fire Element
The Water Element
The Air Element
soothing melodic statement accompanied by pulsating drums
A hypnotic melodic rhythmic vibe
just a subtle little vibe
One for Horace and Billy
A fiery jazz number inspired by the drum riff...
Thoughts of you
Thoughts of things within
Acappella vocals and spoken word with natural sounds of our environment
Retro MLM groove w/poetic verse
That "crazy cool" Mid-Atlantic feel
Dance Women of Shulam
Reggae Jazz w/ Spoken Word
Soon I will be done
Classic jazz, meets Classic Soul & Spoken Word
Flowers Stolen from the yards of old folks
Be Bop with a lyrical tale
6/8 swing and some deep verse
Those who keep spirits alive
poetry & jazz
Kora, Bass, & Drums
Kora, Bass, & Drums
Kora, Bass, & Drums
They Want to Know
Kora, Bass, & Drums
Kora, Bass, & Drums
9/6/2010 2:23:34 PM
Hi!Just to say keep on with the good work.
8/23/2010 9:06:08 AM
I've just been to the most amazing Kora Festival this weekend in Brighton UK - you'd have loved it!! I've put lots of photos up on Facebook if you're interested. Find me as Chandra Moon. Best wishes.
5/20/2010 2:50:13 PM
For latest Marcus L. Miller info, please go to http://marcusmillerdrums.com
5/20/2010 2:48:06 PM
Thank you for linking to my page:
Paolo de Manincor
Little Red King
Up to the light ?
MUSIC IS TRUTH
Cup of Joe
5/20/2010 2:46:00 PM
Thanks to all the stations who have added my tracks and thank you all for listening.
4/21/2010 12:29:27 AM
dig your groovin tunes,. love the whole happening vibe on both your tunes. great listen
7/16/2009 6:25:25 PM
Listen to your tunes twice just because I liked them so much-!! World class chops and ideas... 5 Stars *****
2/21/2009 1:11:56 AM
Marcus L. Miller love your tracks with the World/Jazz ensemble Freedom Jazz Movement . Bring it on!
8/11/2008 6:05:07 PM
Just tuned in to your music..just great. Really dig it
2/7/2007 1:30:09 AM
Volume 1, Issue 3
Greetings! Here we are in the midst of another Black History month celebration. The door of time revolves so quickly these days…
WHAT’S THE HAPS?
•I can be found at many libraries and museums throughout Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, and Riverside counties. For a complete list please contact your local library or go to www.marcusmillerdrums.com.
•I would like to thank all of those fans who came out to support in Durham, NC last week. I hope you enjoyed those two nights; they were special. For those of you who missed the the shows featuring my band Freedom Jazz Movement and Chris Botti’s band at the Carolina Theatre, don’t despair, there will b be others
•We’ll be back on the East Coast in May as a part of the Virginia Arts Festival. Look for us with the Lula Washington Dance Theatre. 5-18-07 Attucks Theatre-Norfolk, VA, 5-24-07 Ferguson Center- Newport News, VA
•The wait is just about over. Many of you have been patiently awaiting the release of my next CD. As of March 2007, my newest Universe Soul Records release,”Back Again”, will be available online at itunes, cdbaby, and most online music retailers. Additionally, this month if you go to www.myspace.com/freedomjazzmovement ,you can hear some of the cuts off the new album.
Thanks again for your continued support and please if you like what you hear, pass it on.
WHAT’S THE BUZZ?
This month also marks the beginning of my yearlong Artist in Residence with the CA African-American Museum in Los Angeles. Join us the first Sunday of each month for the Target Family Sundays.
This event will feature a variety of activities for the entire family. I shall conduct drum circles and hold an open forum/discussion on drumming. The Village Drum project is designed to celebrate all of the unique Drum traditions within our local community of Los Angeles.
There will be arts and crafts projects for young and old to parta
2/7/2007 1:26:48 AM
• Feb 4, 2007 - CA African-American Museum 1-4pm (*Every 1st Sunday of each month)
• Feb 6,2007- Palm Springs Library 7pm
• Feb 9, 2007 - Torrance Civic Center Library 4pm
• Feb 10, 2007 - LaHabra Library 11am
• Feb 13, 2007 - Westwood Library 4pm
• Feb 15, 2007 - Wilmington Branch Library 3:30pm
• Feb 20, 2007 - Temecula Library 4pm
• Feb 21, 2007 - Jackie Robinson Academy 8-10am
• Feb 21, 2007 - Orangewood Children's home 3:30pm
• Feb 22, 2007 - Monrovia Public Library - 3:45pm
• Mar 2, 2007 - Patrick Henry Library 9-11am
• Mar 4, 2007 - CA African-American Museum 1-4pm (*Every 1st Sunday of each month)
• Mar 6, 2007 - Orange Library- El Modena Branch 3:30pm
• Apr 4, 2007 - CA African-American Museum 1-4pm (*Every 1st Sunday of each month)
• Apr 19, 2007 - Marina Del Rey Library 4pm
• Apr 22, 2007 - Huntington Library 11-4pm
• May 6, 2007 - CA African-American Museum 1-4pm (*Every 1st Sunday of each month)
• May 8, 2007 - Apple Valley Library 3:30pm
• May 9, 2007 - Taft Library 3:30pm
• Jun 3, 2007 - CA African-American Museum 1-4pm (*Every 1st Sunday of each month)
• Jun 26, 2007 Huntington Beach Library 12pm
• Jul 1, 2007 - CA African-American Museum 1-4pm (*Every 1st Sunday of each month)
• Jul 11, 2007 - Westminster Library 11am
• Jul 11, 2007 - Rosemead Library 3pm
• Jul 17, 2007 - Westchester Library 4pm
• July 18, 2007 - Downey Library 2pm
• July 25, 2007 - Newport Beach Library 10:301m
• July 25, 2007 - Heritage Park regional Library 3pm
• Aug 1, 2007 - West Garden Grove Library 4pm
• Aug 2, 2007 - Montebello Library 2pm
• Aug 5, 2007 - CA African-American Museum 1-4pm (*Every 1st Sunday of each month)
• Aug 8, 2007 - Chapman Library 4pm
• Aug 13, 2007 - Newport Beach Central Library 10:30am
• Aug 15, 2007 - Palos Verdes Library 4pm
• Aug 16, 2007 - Newport Beach Library 10:30am
• Sep 2, 2007 - CA African-American Museum 1-4pm (*Every 1st Sunday of each month)
• Oct 7, 2007 - CA African-American Muse
©2015-2016 Indie Music People All Rights Reserved
Los Angeles CA USA
4/26/2016 4:12:19 PM
Last pageview at: 6/17/2018 11:13:26 PMPageviews: 25926